It should come as no shock that DoTheDaniel.com loves Giftagram. This past Valentine’s Day, Coco & Cowe‘s Candygram was all the rage and renewed this love tenfold. With gifts for everyone in your life, including yourself (yes, you deserve it), this app has quickly taken Canada by storm. That’s why it seemed like such a great idea for us to share with you our 5 reasons why Giftagram is the best way to celebrate Canada Day… and did I mention we also have an amazing contest?
When it comes to gifting for Canada Day, instead of cheesy maple leaf hats or mini flags made in other countries… why not get curated products from local and national retailers? From home decor to games and experiences in between, Giftagram has Canada Day covered.
I read the following piece of information and couldn’t agree more. “Today, it’s rare to know the phone numbers of your friends and family, let alone addresses. Not a problem with Giftagram – gifting Canada-wide is as simple as sending a text message, no address required.” It’s so true! I’ve sent many gifts using my Giftagram app and all I need is a valid email address for those people in my life I want to send gifts to across the country. The app does the rest once your recipient receives the email!
So you’re probably wondering what our 5 reasons to celebrate Canada Day this year are… They include our Top 5 #DoTheDaniel Giftagram must haves available right now:
1. The NDC Canadian City Coasters inspired by Canada and made in Canada. These unique coaster immediately drew my eye and I can’t wait to put them out during our next dinner party. There is something to be said for a good conversation starter, and these will certainly get people talking and asking “Where did you get these?” Make sure to tell them all about your Giftagram experience. Why? Because you can recommend they use your promo code (each user has one) and you’ll each get a $10 credit*! The gift that keeps on giving… again, how very Canadian.
*New user is issued a $10 credit upon signing up and you’ll receive a $10 credit after their first purchase. More reasons to get shopping and spreading the Giftagram good word!
2. Nude Bee Honey Co. Four Pack. You’ll remember how buzz worthy this amazing company was with us recently (I couldn’t resist). Not only are the products made here in Canada, but they are hands down my favourite honeys I have ever tried. Free shipping on orders from coast to coast, this unique gift is one that will have the recipient thanking you year round. Also, I love how our DoTheDaniel.com photo is available for you all to love and enjoy on the Giftagram app as their feature image.!
3. Cards Against Humanity. For those of you who have played this game, that’s all I need to say. For those of you who haven’t, prepare for HOURS of laughing with your friends. I picture what my Canada Day will look like over some drinks with friends, playing Cards Against Humanity, and laughing into the wee hours of the night. These will certainly be used all year round and make for an AMAZING gift!
4. HBC Chunky Beach Towel. There’s nothing more Canadiana in my mind than Hudson’s Bay. The iconic stripes bring back fond memories of my childhood. These chunky towels are a perfect gift that you can put to good use at the pool or cottage this summer and will certainly be a great compliment to your Canada Day. I basically want to throw out ALL our towels and order a dozen myself… so for anyone looking to get me a Canada Day gift… just saying.
5. Last but certainly not least, Desmond & Beatrice S’mores cookies. You’ll remember that we have been BIG fans of Desmond & Beatrice and starting today you can get limited edition S’mores cookies. What is more Canadian than sitting around a camp fire making s’mores in the summer? In a convenient and oh-so-delicious cookie form, you can get 6 cookies for $10. You can’t get two coffees for $10 these days! I can guarantee they will make you smile this Canada Day, so you should probably order a few extra just in case.
For more amazing Canadian inspired gifts, make sure to check out the “True North” store.
What are you waiting for? Download the Giftagram App for free here. Order your Canadian made products to celebrate Canada Day in the best way possible. Be it for yourself, or those special Canadians in your life, you will love the convenience of this app that takes the guess work out of gift giving. How very Canadian of it, wouldn’t you agree? From physical gifts to experiences, treats to treasures… there’s something for everyone this Canada Day.
So… who wants to Win a $50.00 Giftagram credit to get their Canada Day shopping started with these items and so many more? (Which, for the record, covers the cost of each of my Top 5 Giftagram Must Haves.)
2. Tweet the following tweet (shortlink must be included in tweet *)
The BEST way to celebrate #CanadaDay is with Canadian @Giftagram gifts thanks to @DoTheDaniel’s #Contest: http://goo.gl/JjtIFp
** One (1) tweet per Twitter account will count as entry. Tweet must comply with above format to be entered to win. Winners must be following both twitter accounts as listed in Step # 1 on both Twitter and Instagram. Contest odds depend on how many valid entries are received. Contest runs until Friday June 26th 2015 at 5:00pm EST. ONE winner will be chosen at random and announced via @DoTheDaniel’s Twitter account on Friday June 26th 2015 EST after 5:00pm EST. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash value. Contest winner will be contacted via Twitter and subsequently emailed for personal details to have credit awarded to their Giftagram account. Contest open to Canadian residents only.**
** WANT AN EXTRA CHANCE TO ENTER? “Like” The DoTheDaniel.com Facebook Page and comment on this blog post link. Each Like + Comment will give you one extra entry above and beyond your tweet. Make sure to let us know your Twitter handle in your comment. **
To inspire your special occasions all year round with unique gift ideas, make sure to follow @Giftagram on Twitter and Instagram today. Tag us when you or your lucky someone receives their Canada Day goodies so we can join in on the #CanadaDay festivities with you. We can’t wait to see what you choose!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing events we are attending across the country, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account!