As Canadians from coast-to-coast begin to settle into the fall, chances are that many of us are realizing it is time to start thinking about vacations. I am so excited that throughout the month of October, I will be travelling around the world on some exciting adventures alongside amazing people. But that being said, I also have come to realize that I need some travel essentials to keep me at my best as I live out of suitcases for days at a time. That is why I have curated a list of my Top 10 Travel Must Haves for you to help you with your travels over the next few months – and you may even be surprised at a few of the items I don’t leave the country without!
Traveling feeds my soul in a way that is hard to explain. Especially when the destination is somewhere that I have never been before, there is a sense of excitement and curiosity that sets in. But before I board a flight to a tropical location or city around the world, I need to prepare myself with essentials. The following list are the ten items I never leave the country without that help me explore the world in the best way possible.
1. Philips One Blade: As a man, I need to remind myself that looking disheveled is never a good idea. This is hands down my favourite razor and it’s capability to adapt to my grooming needs is the main reason why it is the first thing I pack each and every time I travel.
2. L’homme by Yves Saint Laurent: A good cologne is necessary when travelling because I feel that smell is one of the first impressions you make when meeting new people. Don’t forget to always check the rules amount what is and is not allowed on a carry on if you’re doing an overnighter.
3. Travel Pillow: There is nothing worse than trying to grab some shut eye on the plane and having your head bounce around. I already have a hard enough time sleeping on planes as it is, so I trust my travel pillow to help me get some much needed rest when and where I can.
4. Coconut Oil Moisturizer: This will literally change the way you think about moisturizer. When I travel, I find that my skin can dry out and become blotchy a lot easier. A natural coconut oil moisturizer can help to even out skin tone, avoid oiliness and is one of my best kept travel secrets.
5. Wireless Speaker: This one may seem a little strange, but music is my favourite travel companion. After years of purchasing it, I know what I like and what I don’t. Having a wireless speaker for the beach, or in the washroom while I soak in the hotel tub, I know that I can unwind with my favourite jams.
6. Samsung Galaxy TabPro S: A tablet is a great idea if you don’t want to bring your laptop with you around the world to help you stay connected and to share your adventures. I know that I use my TabPro S with an attachable keyboard to send emails on the go and it’s a great size for those silly trays on the airplane.
7. Portable Charger: Taking and sharing photos while traveling is a lot of fun, but there is NOTHING worse than needing to charge your phone and nowhere to do it in sight. I carry a portable charger with me on a daily basis, but it’s even more important when I’m not sure where the next outlet with me. Plus it is a lot less cumbersome than carrying a long charger cable that is bound to get tied up in your bag!
8. Sleeping Essential Oils: I am not a huge fan of popping pills, and though for some people it is a necessity when traveling, I prefer the option of essential oils to help me get to sleep. Now, I do NOT recommend using them on the plane because the smell may affect your fellow passenger, but keeping them beside your hotel bed is a great way to ensure that you’re getting a good night’s sleep.
9. Running Shoes: Now, I know what you’re going to say. Who actually works out when traveling? Surprisingly enough, I try my best to actually get in a workout, even if it’s just a run on the treadmill at the hotel, at least once a trip. I think it’s a great way to help me unwind and reset my mind. A pair of sneakers like Vessi waterproof shoes would be a good shout when it comes to travelling. Plus, everyone needs an airport outfit, so running shoes would work too, especially as they are so comfortable to wear. So obviously a good pair of shoes is a must!
10. A Stationary Letter Set: Yes. You read that right. I believe that writing letters is one of the most romantic gestures in the world. So I always try to bring a pen or stationary set with me wherever I am in order to send a “just because” letter to friends and family back home. You have no idea how a small gesture can make a huge difference in the lives of those you love. Give it a try and see what I mean!
By now you will have seen that I am picking up all ten of my travel must haves on eBay.ca. DYK that eBay Canada sells 80% new inventory with 86% at fixed prices? It has quickly become a one-stop-shop when I am looking for new #Travel must haves as I take off to explore the world with Julio & the team! There is a lot to be said for online shopping for must haves and holiday gifts around the corner. Using the new eBay App (click here to download it for FREE on iTunes and here for Google Play) allows me the opportunity to find new items at the touch of a button. Canadians can now get anything they need to help make their travels better and it is for this reason and many more that I love shopping on eBay.ca
Because I am SO excited about these travel #musthaves, I am hosting an amazing Instagram contest (below):
With so much travel happening for us at #DoTheDaniel, I am hosting an AMAZING contest where TWO lucky Canadians will receive a $100 @ebaycanada voucher to purchase their own travel must haves on eBay.ca To enter: 1. Follow @eBayCanada & @dothedaniel on Instagram 2. Tag 2 friends in the comment section below Winners will be chosen at random on Friday October 21st after 5pm EST. Don’t forget to head to DoTheDaniel.com for the ten items I never travel without and don’t forget to enter as many times as you can for more chances to WIN! ??? #eBayCATeam
Don’t forget to join in on the social media conversation around travel & travel must haves while planning your vacation by following @eBayCanada on Instagram. Make sure to tag us when you find your must haves to join in the social media conversation happening with Canadians from coast-to-coast!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures! AND yes. we’re on Snapchat too! – click here to follow us!
Photos: ebay Canada, Daniel Reyes & Julio Reyes
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.