Every year it seems that summer takes forever to arrive, and then never lasts long enough. Maybe it’s just the relative fact that Torontonians do love to complain about the weather, or the fact that we all crave the beautiful atmosphere of being outside. Lately you’ll notice that I have been sharing a lot more outdoor adventure content and activities because I want to take advantage of the season. August may seem far away, but before you know it, my favourite event of the summer will take place and it’s time to tell you why I am so excited to attend yet again!
Over the years, we’ve been lucky enough to bring you along to both the media preview of Diner en Blanc Toronto and the event itself. This year is set to be the most spectacular and extravagant yet and I can’t wait to attend with Julio in our yet to be decided all white outfits! Here are just a few of my favourite memories from over the years at the all white affair.
The World’s Most Famous White Party Takes Over Toronto on August 7, 2019 with a new Market Experience theme. Helping to get us all excited, the first phase of ticket sales will become available on June 26th. Thankfully we have our tickets already because this event is always a sellout!
New this year – and a Le Dîner en Blanc first – is a special catering option brought to guests via catering partner Food Dudes entitled “Market Experience” whereby guests can curate their menu ahead of time via the event’s e-store, then collect their chosen items at a mini Parisian-style market on-site. Having tried it at the media preview earlier this year I can tell you it’s absolutely delicious from starter to dessert!
To experience it all and participate to this unique event, people may sign up now to the waiting list at register.dinerenblanc.com/toronto. Participation happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase 1 members; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. Don’t forget to act fast!
This year, the pop-up epicurean event is pleased to welcome Boursin, Food Dudes, JP Chenet, Acqua Panna and Yorkville Village as official partners, with support from the City of Toronto, Bike Share, Carte Blanche Bar, Charlie’s Burgers Wine Program and Tonic Blooms. All regular favourites of mine and featured here on the blog over the years!
Bike Share Toronto (as you will have seen from our recent stories and posts, a must for Torontonians wanting to get outside and get around in a fantastic alternative to traffic) joins Le Dîner en Blanc as an official transportation collaborator, providing the captivating “ride and dine” experience for a second year. Inviting attendees to join a Bike Group as their evening’s mode of transit, guests dawn their elegant whites will cycle through Toronto’s city streets to and from the secret location.
For those of you first timers or have not heard about the event before, allow me to explain how it works – guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Toronto alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy wine and/or Champagne with dinner, must reserve bottles online through the Dîner en Blanc e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit toronto.dinerenblanc.com. Follow #LeDînerenBlancToronto on Instagram at @dinerenblanctoronto and on Facebook at @DinerEnBlancTor. See you there!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures.
Photos: Diner en Blanc Toronto, Nick Lee, Daniel Reyes & All Social Media accounts listed above
Don’t forget to be kind & laugh a little more this year
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.