A fun fact about me that a lot of people don’t know is that I have three tattoos. All of them hold a special place in my heart and help to mark a defining point in my life. I personally believe that tattoos can be instrumental in defining your personality and your life. It’s why I am so excited for the upcoming 17th Annual Northern Ink Xposure International Tattoo Convention taking place in Toronto June 19-21. This convention centered around art, fashion, expression and some of the best tattoo artists around is one event you won’t want to miss. Be you inked already or looking for inspiration for your first tattoo, #NIX17 has something for everyone!
“With its beginnings as the Toronto Tattoo Show 17 years ago, Northern Ink Xposure is more than just a tattoo show; it’s a lifestyle show for tattooed people. Including a fashion show, art gallery, educational seminars, vendors and, of course, some of the top tattoo artists from around the world, NIX will take place June 19-21 at the Toronto Westin Harbour Castle.”
To check out the full itinerary of this weekend’s convention, make sure to click here.
This year’s show is set to include:
- Appearances by celebrity tattoo artists Paul Booth, Boog Star, Teresa Sharpe, Bob Tyrrell, Andrea Afferni and Teneile Napoli.
- A premiere fashion show on Friday evening in partnership with designer Monika Skalak and European-based Such A Sucz clothing, and a fashion show Saturday by Rosie the Rebel Boutique, Canada’s Rockabilly, Psychobilly and Retro Clothing Retailer.
- A live comedy performance by Jen Sakato on Friday evening.
- A classic burlesque performance by Esther De Ville on Friday and Saturday.
- Daily contests for best tattoos.
To inspire your first or fourteenth tattoo this weekend alongside some of the best artists in the business, make sure to follow @NIX & on TwitterInstagram. Use the #NIX17 hashtag to join in the social media conversation during the convention to show us your favourite artists, fashion, tattoos and so much more!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing events we are attending across the country, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account!