I think I am finally ready to start talking about the holidays. Don’t get me wrong, I am a fanatic for the season, but at the same time I have a hard time getting into that mindset much before November. Recently I had the chance to take a look at the hilarious #12stinks holiday video featuring Doug the Pug created by Febreze. It got me thinking about some of my very own holiday hosting tips to make my guests feel welcome. Come and see what I am doing over the next few weeks to prepare for festivities to get my home ready for friends and family.
When it comes to the holidays, I know that personally we see a lot more foot traffic come through our door. Though the smell of Christmas cookies, hearty dinners & our Christmas tree will fill our home, we do live in a small space. Whether it’s the laundry, the dirty dishes in the sink, or my loveable Canela in all her 56 lbs glory needing a bath, chances are our condo might have a few not-so-holiday smells I need to tackle.
To help us all be inspired this holiday season, Febreze teamed up with Instagram sensation Doug the Pug and rapper Doug E. Fresh. Take a look at this holiday themed video below:
So what do I do when it comes to hosting holiday gatherings, both big and small, to help alleviate our own #12stinks?
- I pick up the annual #FebrezeHoliday collection to ensure that my home smells its best
- Julio helps to tidy up the small messes that we might not always have a problem if it was just the two of us with by sweeping and passing the vacuum.
- I always have a glass of sparkling wine or a seasonal cocktail waiting for my guests when they arrive. It’s an added touch to help them feel welcome in your home.
- I never keep my guests waiting on food if dinner is going to be a little while. Even a small sampling of cheese, crackers and charcuterie are a great idea to ensure that people can snack and aren’t drinking without something in their stomach.
- I keep a handful of taxi chits on hand or call an uber for people who might indulge a little much. Remember that your guests should be taken care of even when they leave.
- I try to always send a thank you or holiday card the next day as a small token of appreciation for people coming to visit. You’ll be amazed at what a small gesture like this can do and how much it can change their day when they receive it in the mail in a few days.
I’d love it if Canela one day became as famous as Doug the Pug, but for now we can all enjoy his adorable content via Instagram.
Make sure to share the #12stinks video above and share your holiday hosting tips by clicking on the link below. We can’t wait to hear your tips & tricks to make sure your home is ready for the holiday season!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures! AND yes. we’re on Snapchat too! – click here to follow us!