As the warmer weather approaches, I find my taste in food and drink changes. Now that patio season is here, both of those things definitely take a bigger priority in my life! What is summer without good food and drink to accompany us and our friends out on the patio? With that being said, I wanted to make a new drink that was refreshing and sweet for the summer time, with a bit of a fresh and clean twist to it. Thankfully, Chic Choc Rum played a big part in making this magic happen!
Because I knew that I wanted to come up with a refreshing and clean drink, I decided to play with your classic Strawberry Daiquiri and add some Coconut to it. Why? Well coconut is super tropical and summery, and I also took inspiration from the idea of mixing a Pina Colada and a Daiquiri together, and came up with this refreshing recipe! Using Chic Choc Rum gives this a spicy, herbal flavour as it’s infused with a bouquet of indigenous spices from the Chic-Choc Mountain region of northern Quebec.
- 3 oz Chic Choc Rum
- Handful of fresh strawberries
- Coconut Water
- Strawberry Daquiri Mix
- Coconut Shavings
- Fill your blender with your desired amount of ice.
- Add 3 oz of Chic Choc Rum, 200 ml of strawberry daiquiri mix, a handful of fresh strawberries, a splash of coconut water, and a handful of coconut shavings.
- While it is blending, cut a lime in half and rim your glass, then dip it in coconut shavings.
- Pour and serve!
- The rim is definitely optional, but I think it makes it much more fun, and Instagramable!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures!
Don’t forget to sign up for the DoTheDaniel.com Newsletter
From Toronto with Love,
Photos by Gemma Mastroianni