With the summer well underway, I’ve been enjoying the little changes in my life. Little makeovers like my return to being a blond. Little changes like additions of furniture and plants to our living space. Little refreshes like starting meditation and workouts more regularly. A feeling of coming back to what I know and what makes me me. I guess that would explain why I got so inspired by a similar refresh recently and wanted to tell you all about it.
Now listen, it’s probably a multitude of factors lately, but this sense of returning to who I am and what I love is a dominant theme in my life. I love that I’m taking joy in simple pleasures. I love that I am loving food and drink again as a source of inspiration to create. And to be frickin’ honest, I’m loving the #EatFreshRefresh campaign that Subway Canada recently put out which feels pretty similar to my full circle energy and journey!
Canadians asked; Subway listened. Subway Canada is bringing bigger, better and bolder to Canadians –brand new signature sandwiches, dynamic flavour combinations, new, Canadian-sourced ingredients, app upgrades and more are rolling out in 2022. There is something to be said for listening to your consumer and being nimble enough to pivot when necessary – and so the refresh of a brand that we all know and love has happened so immaculately in front of our very eyes.
The launch packs a star-studded punch, too – Subway Canada’s Eat Fresh Refresh is backed by professional snowboarder, Mark McMorris, and tennis star Leylah Fernandez.
“I’m mindful about the food I eat as it can impact my performance – but I never compromise on taste. I’m also no stranger to pushing myself out of my comfort zone – on and off the slopes,” said Mark McMorris, three-time snowboarding Olympic Bronze medallist. “Subway Canada’s Eat Fresh Refresh is just that – we’re encouraging Canadians to switch up their ‘usual’ for something extraordinary.”
Now… let’s get to the meat of this all – the new sandwiches and menu items! See what I did there…
Five all-new, signature sandwiches:
· Chicken Bacon & Peppercorn Ranch: Featuring Canadian Farm-Raised Chicken and Maplewood Smoked Bacon topped with crispy veggies and the zesty kick of the new Peppercorn Ranch dressing.
· Smashed Avocado & Turkey: Served on our Classic Italian bread, topped with Canadian farm-raised Deli-style turkey and real Canadian cheddar and toasted, then topped with our smooth smashed avocado, lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, and drizzled with mayonnaise.
· Great Canadian Club: Featuring Deli-Style turkey and ham and Maplewood Smoked Bacon, made from Canadian farm-raised turkey and pork. The Great Canadian Club is topped with lettuce, tomato, and Smoky Honey Mustard sauce.
· Maplewood Smoked Bacon & Ham: Served on our Classic Italian bread, topped with Deli-style ham and bacon made from Canadian farm-raised pork and Canadian cheddar. Once toasted, it’s topped with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and red onion and drizzled with Smoky Honey Mustard and mayonnaise.
· Southwest Steak and Avocado: Featuring seasoned steak and new smashed avocado, topped with our classic chipotle sauce and given an extra kick with our sweet and tangy banana peppers.
It’s more than new menu items. It’s a refresher on fresh and local items that mean something to Canadian fans of the brand – which in 2022 when everything is so expensive, says a lot about Subway Canada’s commitment to their brand standards and integrity.
I remember going to Subway Canada when I was a young man in high school, and the fact that I go there today twenty years later while I am working towards starting a family, says something about how important their commitments like this one are to me as a consumer. I encourage those of you who may have not had the pleasure of visiting a subway recently to do so again soon and see what I mean. I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised and may even find yourself bragging about their refresh as much as I am right now!
Are you just as excited? Make sure to follow @SubwayCanada and share how their refreshed and exciting new menu is helping to inspire your #EatFreshRefresh moments. Don’t forget to click below to share this blog post with your friends and family. Let’s all inspire fabulous and iconic days, moments and memories. We deserve it.
Photos: Daniel Reyes Cocka, Subway Canada & All Social Media accounts listed above
*Please note that this may be a sponsored post and promotional consideration may have been offered by participating brands – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.