We recently told you about the The PC® Insiders Collection™ items and how we’ve fallen in love with them. But during the holidays, we all have our hacks to make things a little easier. Be it a decoration trick to make your home look beautiful or a recipe that always impresses. We’ve taken the time to create three easy & delicious recipes celebrating the ones you love this holiday season and are so excited to share them with you all. They make the perfect gift using our favourite President’s Choice ingredients for the holidays!
If you’re like me during the holiday season, time is of the essence. I love to cook, but I would rather be spending most of my time with family and friends vs slaving away in the kitchen. Our three recipes help to focus on the gifts you can create for your loved ones and make fantastic host gifts as thanks. Delicious, easy to make and featuring three of our favourite #PCInsidersCollection items, take a look at our three holidays hacks below:
- 1 cup PC Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup PC® Speculoos Cookie Butter Crushed Cookie Spread
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 PC Free-Run Brown Eggs – Large
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter, speculoos and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- 3. Pour mixture evenly onto cookie sheets.
- 4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookie crumble to cool and break into palm sized pieces. Remember that as a crumble, presentation may not be perfect but the taste will be.
- Sweet pieces of crumbly cookies make a perfect host gift. Add to cookie bag and adorn with ribbon, or twist tie bows to present to those you love this holiday season. A quick and easy gift that will be sure to please anyone on your holiday list!
- 6-7 medjool dates, soaked and pitted
- 2 tablespoons patience cranberries, soaked
- 2 tablespoons tigernut butter
- 1 tablespoon PC® Bacon Flavoured Syrup
- 1 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1. Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until smoothe
- 2. Add mixture into a medium bowl and roll into 1 inch balls. If mixture is too sticky, add more cacao powder until balls no longer stick to your fingers.
- 3. Roll truffles in a layer of cacao powder to finish. Place into a dish and allow to set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Makes 12-15 balls.
- A sweet & savoury treat that is sure to wow your loved ones this holiday season. One trick to ensure they don't melt before you have a chance to present them is to place the truffles in a small box lined with wax paper and leave the box in the freezer. Take out before leaving for your holiday party and they will be perfect by the time you arrive!
- 1 cup PC® Dulce de Leche Caramel Creme Spread
- 2 100g bars of PC 85% Cocoa Solids Extra Dark Chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 1. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease the foil.
- 2.Combine the Dulce de Leche, chocolate bars and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until almost melted, remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. When completely melted, stir in 1 cup of candy canes.
- 3.Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan, sprinkling the remaining candy canes on top. Chill for 2 hours, then cut into squares.
- Who doesn't love fudge? And trust me when I say that the hosts in your life will love this sweet hack and will think you slaved for hours making it for them. Be warned, you may end up eating a few pieces of it while packing it for the road! Should the fudge be too soft when cutting, place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to allow it to harden.
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you come along on our daily adventures with us!
Photos: PC® Insiders Collection & Daniel Reyes