In an effort to continue the positivity that has led up to the new year, I wanted to take a moment to sit down and share why this is going to be the year that I make my life easier. Whether it’s realizing that New Year’s Resolutions just aren’t for me anymore (click here to see what I mean) or making the choice to love me first and foremost, I like to believe that 2019 is going to be our best year yet here at DoTheDaniel.com – one that celebrates our fifth birthday and adds to the team and voice around the world.
I think it was the 2018 holiday season that really helped me to realize how busy my life has gotten. From running the blog from our HQ here in Toronto, to trying to keep up with the chores a three story town house has introduced into my life, sometimes I think I need a clone!
While I usually can be found in the kitchen – it is my happy place when I’m home – there are of course other household duties that are required of me. Especially the chaos of tidying up before friends and family came over, I found myself with not enough hours in the day for cooking, laundry, dusting, let alone vacuuming.
Thankfully, my friends at iRobot Canada came to the rescue right in the nick of time and I am here to tell you a little bit more about why my brand new iRobot Canada Roomba i7+ has been the best addition to my life in a very long time.
So why Roomba and why now? I think one of the things that I realized about myself in 2018 is I can be kinda messy. There’s nothing wrong with that – but it does add to my to do lists often when the house gets into disarray so quickly. Vacuuming a three story town house is a challenge to say the least, and I wasn’t sure if Roomba was the right thing for me because of the levels of the house. Boy was I wrong!
• Using patented Dirt Detect™ Technology, the Roomba® i7+ robot vacuum removes the dirt from high-traffic spots of a house, with sensors to recognize areas that need more attention, prompting the robot to clean them more thoroughly.
• The washable dust bin design allows users to simply rinse away dirt and debris left behind.
• Cliff Detect sensors prevent the robot from falling down stairs or tumbling over drop-offs.
• The Edge-Sweeping Brush is specially designed to sweep debris away from edges and corners.
• The High-Efficiency Filter is made from a special material that captures 99 percent of pollen, mold, dust mite, and cat and dog allergens.
From where it all started as the first smart vacuum appliance for the home in 2002, the technology behind the i7 and i7+ has come a long way. Once I received mine, it was a four step set up process. Plugging in the self-cleaning base, attaching the unit, allowing it to charge and downloading the app, I was ready to have my mind blown as the unit started to learn the floors and floor plans of my house. And I don’t mean this lightly – from the first time it took a tour around the first floor of my house, it started to learn my home and where it needs to clean most of all for me.
Using the SmartMap technology, you run the robot for the first time and it will take (on average) 2-5 times before it locks in the map. Once that is ready you can customize the map itself within the app and adjust as needed. If you’re like me with an open space floor plan, you can also set a boundary in the middle or use the accessories that come with the unit to stay away from areas such as dog dishes. I know Canela will love that feature the most 😉
I think one of the benefits I love most about the model is how quiet it is. Especially with Canela hating traditional vacuums because of their noise, you’ll be amazed at how quiet the unit is compared to traditional canister vacuums. Not to mention no pesky chords and having to lug them up and down the stairs like we’ve all done for years. Did I also mention that the iRobot home app allows me to control the device from anywhere? Especially when I’m out running to events or have to get to the office here in Toronto early, I can start the device with the simple touch on my mobile device and know that cleaning the floors is being done quickly and conveniently while I carry on with my day.
• The Roomba® i7+ robot vacuum uses Imprint™ Smart Mapping technology to learn a home’s floor plan, so it knows the kitchen from the living room, giving the user total control to choose which rooms are cleaned and when.
• Truly smart mapping – the robot learns, maps and adapts to a home, determining the best way to clean each and every room.
• The Roomba® i7+ robot vacuum remembers multiple floor plans, so whether it’s cleaning upstairs or downstairs, it always knows the best way to clean each room.
• Thanks to the iRobot HOME App, users can control when, where, and how your robot cleans for a truly customized clean.
• Enjoy hands-free control with Alexa enabled devices and the Google Assistant – whether it’s tackling a mess in the kitchen, or an entire level of the home, the i7+ has it covered.
I’m so in love with my Roomba i7+ that I’m going to get one for my brother and his family in Ottawa for their new home. Because from families in the burbs to busy go-getters in the city, I genuinely believe this device can help you with the busy lives we all live, no matter where you live in Canada or what your home looks like.
Canadians can head to www.irobot.ca to shop the full line of Roomba products that best suit their needs and homes – you can also find the Roomba i7+ on Amazon.ca, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Hudson’s Bay, Walmart and multiple other major retailers across Canada.
Roomba i7+ with Clean Base™ Automatic Dirt Disposal – $1,249.99 CAD
Roomba i7 – $899.99 CAD
Clean Base™ Automatic Dirt Disposal sold separately – $429 CAD
To join in on the excitement with me as you revolutionize the way you keep your home clean and make your 2019 easier, make sure to follow @iRobot on Twitter and Instagram and ‘Like’ the iRobot Canada Facebook Page. Use and follow the #i7+ and #Roomba hashtags – I can’t wait to hear what you think!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures!
Don’t forget to sign up for the DoTheDaniel.com Newsletter
Photos: iRobot Canada, Daniel Reyes & All Social Media accounts listed above
Don’t forget to be kind & laugh a little more this year
Mobile photos were taken with my #HuaweiP20Pro on the Rogers network
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.