I’ve shared in years past that Sears Canada has been a part of my holiday tradition for as long as I can remember. This year, when they asked me to help celebrate the launch of the new Kenmore Pro Blender for Sears, I immediately got inspired to share a new recipe for the holidays. Not to mention that I am excited to be giving one lucky Canadian the chance to WIN one of their very own – valued at over $149.97. Come see what I got up to in the kitchen and how you can enter today.
So what makes the new Kenmore Pro Blender for Sears so amazing?
“Smoothies, soups, sauces, and more are only a press of a button away. This highly versatile Kenmore blender features eleven speeds for great processing every time. It’s easy to pour and easy to clean, helping take the stress out of meal prep. ”
- Variable speed dial, with your choice of 11 different speeds
- Includes a 2L jug, jug lid, lid plug, tamper, and recipe book
- 2 L capacity
- 1 year warranty
- Features a safety switch and an overheat reset button
- 6 stainless steel rotating blades made in Japan
So when I was lucky enough to get one for myself, I wanted to create a recipe to showcase all these amazing attributes and the versatility of my latest kitchen appliance. Although I do not consider myself a vegan, I do know that cooking for the holidays is becoming more difficult. With dietary restrictions and allergies, cooking a meal for your guests can be at times tricky around the holiday season. And so, to help please everyone this season, I created a vegan recipe that had me literally licking the bowl.
What was the first thing I made with my new Kenmore Pro Blender exclusively for @SearsCA? A vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup garnished with pistachio & cauliflower green pesto with a light dusting of smoked paprika. I am by no means a vegan, but this recipe is one you simply HAVE to try for the holidays – recipe and contest details on DoTheDaniel.com ???
- 1 large Cauliflower
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 package President's Choice White Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry roasted (salted or unsalted to taste) pistachios
- The greens from large cauliflower above
- smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cube potatoes and slice cauliflower into small pieces. In a large roasting pan
- In a large roasting pan, evenly spread out and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a separate roasting pan, place mushrooms, bay leaves and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place in oven for 45 minutes
- While cooking, in your Kenmore Pro Blender, add pistachios, remaining olive oil and greens from the cauliflower
- Blend until smooth, adding additional olive oil as needed
- Place into a small bowl and set aside
- Remove vegetables from oven and carefully place in washed Kenmore Pro Blender
- Add water and blend until smooth, adding more water as necessary
- Before removing, garnish with Salt and Pepper to taste, blending once more once desired flavour is achieved
- Serve in four bowls
- Take a teaspoon, and using the side of the spook drag a line of the pistachio pesto in the center of the bowl
- Taking a butter knife or toothpick, carefully drag away from the line in a swooping action for desired Christmas Tree motif
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika to taste and serve immediately
- Serve the soup with remaining pistachio pesto for your guests to indulge in to their liking. This vegan soup will remind everyone of the warm and richness the holidays have to offer without any of the dietary restrictions they might normally face - AND it's a great option for those of you who have never enjoyed vegan soup before.
So now that I have you hungry and excited for the holidays, who wants to WIN a Kenmore Pro Blender for Sears valued at over $149.97 of their very own for the holidays? There are two ways to enter:
- Click on the image below and follow the instructions to enter via Instagram:
Thanks to @sears_canada, I am giving one lucky Canadian the chance to WIN a new Kenmore Pro Blender exclusively for Sears Canada just in time for the holidays valued at $149.97! ?? To enter: 1. Follow @sears_canada & @dothedaniel on Instagram 2. Like this photo 3. Tag two friends in the comments section below ❤ This contest is in no way affiliated with Instagram. Full contest details can be found on DoTheDaniel.com. Contest odds depend on how many valid entries are received. Winner must be following all accounts as listed above. Winner will be chosen at random on Monday December 12th 2016 after 5pm EST for details on prizing. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash value. Good Luck!
2. Enter via Twitter
- Follow @SearsCA & @DoTheDaniel on Twitter.
- Tweet the following tweet – there are no limits to the amount of times you tweet. The more you share, the more chances you have of winning!
- This contest is in no way affiliated with Instagram or Twitter. Contest odds depend on how many valid entries are received. Winner must be following all accounts as listed in each respective social media. Winner will be chosen at random on Monday December 12th 2016 after 5pm EST for details on prizing. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash value. Good Luck!
For more holiday inspiration, make sure to follow @SearsCA on Twitter, @Sears_Canada on Instagram and ‘Like’ their Facebook page. Share what items you have in your letter to Santa this year and make sure to capture those special holiday gifting moments online – we can’t wait to share in the excitement with you and your loved ones!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures! AND yes. we’re on Snapchat too! – click here to follow us!
Photos: Sears Canada & Daniel Reyes
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.