Now that I am well into my new healthy habits with the addition of Genuine Health products, it’s time to start thinking of unique ways to get my daily recommended serving that isn’t just another smoothie. You’ll remember that I told you about some of my favourite Genuine Health products recently, and I recently sat down to create a recipe that you’ve got to try to see the versatility of greens+ Extra Energy.
Don’t get me wrong – I’m obsessed with my morning green smoothie including greens+ Extra Energy & fermented vegan proteins+. I’ve even got Julio in on the healthy habit with me, which for those of you who know him, a big step in the right direction. But, like a lot of you, sometimes variety is important to ensure that we don’t get bored of the same thing over and over again. When I intro
It’s why when I started to consult with Catherine on the recipe options I could create, we came up with a delicious salad dressing to compliment fresh ingredients in a healthy salad. Here’s what we came up with!
- 1 full scoop of greens+ Extra Energy Natural Orange
- 2 Tbsp lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Small handful of fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Fresh orange juice to taste
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 portion of fresh salmon (preferably not frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups of baby spinach and/ or kale (or fresh dark leafy greens)
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup of unsalted raw cashews
- Goat cheese to taste
- In a vitamix combine all salad dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach, kale, cashews & orange segments.
- Toss salad with salad dressing - it is thicker than conventional salad dressing but you can always add more orange juice to taste which can help to make it more liquid
- Place salad in fridge
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add coconut oil
- Fry salmon fillet for 3-4 minutes per side. Remember that if you keep the skin on to begin frying skin side down - garnish with salt to taste
- Place salmon fillet on salad and crumble with goat cheese. If you have any salad dressing left you can drizzle over the salmon
- This refreshing salad is a great way to enjoy your recommended daily serving of greens+ extra energy in new and exciting ways!
For more information on energy+ Extra Energy and the full line of products available to make your life better while you #LiveYourPassion, make sure to check out the Genuine Health website at www.genuinehealth.com. Use the online store locator to find a local retail location for your health needs.
For more inspiration, follow @GenuineHealth on Instagram & Twitter, and ‘Like’ their Facebook page. Use the #GenuineHealth and #LiveYourPassion hashtag to tell us your story and share your journey with us. I’d love to hear what Genuine Health products you use that have changed your life for the better.
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you come along on our daily adventures with us!
Photos: Genuine Health & Daniel Reyes