We have spoken about the importance of sleep, and I cannot stress enough how valuable it has been in my life. (Click here to read about the steps we have taken recently for a better night’s sleep). Recently, The Dairy Farmers of Canada launched Project Sleep to talk about the fact that Canadians simply aren’t getting enough of what they need most. We had the opportunity to learn about it and share some important facts about why sleep is so important and how you can make simple changes to improve your life along with us!
“How sleep deprived are you?
That’s the question that the Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) recently asked Canadians in a nationwide study looking at the effects of sleep deprivation. Led by Dr. Rachel Morehouse, a sleep expert and professor of psychiatry at Dalhousie University, the Project Sleep study is part of DFC’s ongoing work to explore and build awareness about serious health and social issues.”
Among the survey’s other key findings:
- Almost half of Canadians surveyed (45 per cent) report waking up feeling groggy or tired from a restless night’s sleep. These figures could be particularly accurate if you’ve decided to go against the idea of using cbd for sleep, as this has been known to help aid with your nighttime routine. By not using it, you’re only increasing the likelihood of suffering from a night of restless sleep.
- In what to do to become healthier, Canadians indicate exercising more (37 per cent), eating healthier (26 per cent) and getting more sleep (20 per cent).
- Millennials are most at risk: when presented with idea that lack of sleep can increase ageing and signs of ageing, 71 per cent say it is the first thing they sacrifice when running short of time.
- Parents are particularly diligent about sleep. A majority (76 per cent) keep a regular bedtime routine for their children, a practice the expert panel say is extremely beneficial, however, parents don’t always hold themselves to the same routine.
- Women are more affected by their partner’s sleeping habits than men, with 47 per cent reporting that their partner’s snoring disrupts their sleep versus 26 per cent of men reporting the same.
- One in three Canadians would pay up to $500 for a week’s worth of restful sleep. Astonishingly, half would choose a sleep-inducing bed over a dream vacation. Perhaps they could save themselves a bit of money by opting for glasses that filter blue light and reduce screen glare emitted by our electronic devices’ screens. Check them out here – https://felixgray.com/glare-reduction. Those whose work requires them to sit in front of a screen all day may actually be able to get a good night’s sleep with this solution.
For more information on the importance of sleep along with tips that are helping us to stay well rested, make sure to head to www.projectsleep.ca for the full study and more facts that might surprise you about something you might take for granted.
If you do find that you are struggling to go to sleep though then it’s important to make sure that you do everything that you can in order to help you have a better night’s sleep. This might mean that you get a new mattress to help you sleep better. If this is something that interests you then why not check out this Organic and sustainable mattress brand here? Maybe you cut out all caffeine before you go to sleep, or maybe you go to a bed a lot earlier than normal. You could also consider looking into different CBD products similar to liposomal full-spectrum CBD, as they are known to improve your sleep!
And of course, don’t forget to join in on the social media conversation with one of our favourite brands by following @ on Twitter. Follow and use the #ProjectSleep hashtag to join in on an important conversation happening from coast to coast – but don’t forget to put down that phone and get some sleep. You deserve it!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you come along on our daily adventures with us!