You’ll remember that I recently told you about Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ and how much of a difference it is making in my daily routines. (click here to learn about all our new favourites!) After a few weeks, I’ve had the opportunity to create not one, not two, but THREE recipes to help you #LoveHowYouFeel inside and out using the fermented vegan proteins+ in some fun and exciting new ways.
I think sometimes I can make excuses about being “too busy” to workout or find time for myself. But one day at a time, I am trying to love myself more and make the time. It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. When I need to disconnect, I surround myself with the plants in the house and my @genuinehealth fermented vegan proteins+ for some yoga. Providing me with the grounding force to face the day and the healing power described on DoTheDaniel.com, small changes are making the biggest difference. Don’t forget there are 8 chances to win a $200 #Contest available to you now on the blog to help YOU find yourself! ? #NoBloat #LoveYourGut #LoveHowYouFeel
Prep breakfast (or snacks!) for the week ahead with this Banana Protein Superloaf. Fibre-rich and protein packed with the benefits of fermentation, this flour-free loaf will keep you satisfied for hours. Learn how to make it on our website in The Learning Centre! #loveyourgut #lovehowyoufeel
A photo posted by Genuine Health (@genuinehealth) on
When I sat down to think about recipes, and after chatting with Catherine, I realized that I didn’t want to just create another delicious smoothie. I wanted something that was delicious, nutritious and easy for us all to enjoy. So, what did I create?
- 1 scoop of All Natural Vanilla fermented vegan proteins+
- 1/3 cup of sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Consistency should be that of a paste when finished (adding a small amount of water may help if consistency is too thick). Keep cool in the fridge when not using - face scrub will keep for 2 to three weeks. Try adding your favourite essential oil if you would like an more aromatic scrub to pamper yourself!
- Fermented vegan proteins+ is a perfect addition to an all natural face scrub. It contains antioxidant glutathione which destroys free radicals and saves you from signs of aging. It also contains essential proteins needed for proper cellular functions of skin and can be used as a treatment for healing wounds."
- Sea salt is full of trace minerals that rejuvenate your skin, stimulate cell growth, and help your skin retail moisture. A sea salt scrub is great for dry skin.
- Oatmeal is a very gentle exfoliant, so it’s perfect for sensitive skin. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and is very moisturizing.
- Raw honey is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal. It kills skin infections, including acne. Honey reduces inflammation and hydrates. Honey can be mixed with any of the other exfoliants mentioned here to boost the antioxidant and anti-bacterial benefits.
- Apply generously to your face and scrub lightly in circular motion for several minutes. You can also use this invigorating paste as a mask during a bath - rinse face with warm water when you are done and enjoy the beauty you'll notice in your skin and the way you feel.
- 2 cups coconut milk (or your favourite nut milk)
- 1 scoop All Natural Vanilla
- ½ cup Chia Seeds fermented vegan proteins+
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until blended together. Individually portion into mason jars or small containers for the week (should make 4-5 small portions that will satisfy your sweet tooth first thing in the morning). Garnish with your favourite all natural granola mix or feel free to make your own. Adding nuts is a great way to add even MORE protein to your breakfast, which has been proven to keep you full and energized longer into the day.
- I used to have an issue with the texture of chia pudding until I realized that putting slightly less seeds into the recipe made it more smooth (like a mousse). Don't forget that recipes are meant to be played with and it's entirely up to you to get creative with these ones too. Cooking should be fun, and the addition of the fermented vegan proteins+ will get your body ready in the best way possible.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 scoop All Natural Chocolate fermented vegan proteins+
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted free range butter, diced, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8x8-inch metal baking pan. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to simmer in medium saucepan. Add dates and All Natural Chocolate fermented vegan proteins+; simmer, stirring occasionally, for approx. 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl; stir to blend. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub in until moist clumps form. Press half of oat mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Spread chocolate date mixture over. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture; press gently to adhere. Bake until brown at edges and golden brown and set in center, about 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into bars and serve.
- The combination of chocolate and dates might just be my favourite dessert recipe to date. Packing in tons of protein to help heal your gut and encourage healthy digestion is a perfect way to stay healthy and enjoy a delicious treat!
For more delicious recipes including Genuine Health products, make sure to check out their website here!
Don’t forget that there is still time to get inspired in your personal journey with Genuine Health. Enter below for 8 chances to WIN a $200 prize pack and try out these delicious products for yourself!
For more information on fermented vegan proteins+ and the full line of products available to make your life better while you #LoveYourGut & #LoveHowYouFeel, make sure to check out the Genuine Health website at www.genuinehealth.com. Use the online store locator to find a local retail location for your health needs.
For more inspiration, follow @GenuineHealth on Instagram & Twitter, and ‘Like’ their Facebook page. Use the #LoveYourGut, #LoveHowYouFeel & #NoBloat hashtags to tell us your story and share your journey with us. I’d love to hear what Genuine Health products you use that have changed your life for the better. And don’t forget to stay tuned for some delicious recipes coming to the blog this month!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you come along on our daily adventures with us!
Photos: Genuine Health & Daniel Reyes