There are certain things that I know I can rely on during The Toronto International Film Festival. Festival Street is always a blast on the first five days of the festival. Faces and places of the season change, but get me just as excited as ever – click here for my list for 2019. And of course, the films and the parties. This year, as every year I’ve worked to cover TIFF for you all, Audi Canada is very proud to help sponsor and host exclusive private gala events honouring the studios, producers, directors, casts and their special guests.
For years we’ve brought you the BTS moments with Audi Canada, so this year I wanted to tell you about what is happening before in case you’re out and enjoying the season with me in Toronto – or following along with us online!
- Just Mercy – Directed by Destin Daniel Cretton
- Starring: Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Foxx and Brie Larson
- Knives Out – Directed by Rian Johnson
- Starring: Daniel Craig, Toni Collette, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ana de Armas, Chris Evans, Don Johnson, Michael Shannon, and LaKeith Stanfield
- Hustlers – Directed by Lorene Scafaria
- Starring: Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu, Julia Stiles, Keke Palmer, Lili Reinhart, Mercedes Ruehl and Cardi B
- The Goldfinch – Directed by John Crowley
- Starring: Ansel Elgort, Sarah Paulson, Nicole Kidman, Jeffrey Wright, Luke Wilson, Oakes Fegley, Aneurin Barnard and Finn Wolfhard
- Joker – Directed by Todd Phillips
- Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz and Frances Conroy
- Motherless Brooklyn – Directed by Edward Norton
- Starring: Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Willem Dafoe, Alec Baldwin, Bobby Cannavale, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Cherry Jones
- Human Capital – Directed by Marc Meyers
- Starring: Liev Schreiber, Marisa Tomei, Peter Sarsgaard, Maya Hawke and Alex Wolff
And of course… the parties. Audi Canada will serve as a sponsor for the Artists for Peace and Justice 2019 Festival Gala. APJ’s mission is to encourage peace and social justice, while working to alleviate poverty around the world. By developing partnerships with local leaders in vulnerable communities that need us most, Artists for Peace and Justice works to create real opportunities with valuable education, meaningful employment, inspiring voices and ethical leadership.
Year after year, the films and events of Audi Canada and Warner Brother Pictures Canada impress and amaze me. I may or may not be bringing you BTS to some of the hottest parties of the year… I just can’t tell you which ones yet but definitely follow along with me!
Make sure to share your favourite screening and moments by following @TIFF_NET & @AudiCanada on Twitter an Instagram. Use and follow #TIFF19 and remember to enjoy the power of cinema at it’s finest, in the city that has helped to make it something so incredibly beautiful.
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures!
Don’t forget to be kind & laugh a little more this year
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.