Like the rest of the world, I find myself longing for moments that make me happy while I stay home and physically distance. 2020 has proven to be a year of much needed change, challenge and choice. So amid all of this and finding little things to make my life more beautiful, I wanted to share about one of my favourite times of year and why this year, we will be doing things a little differently for it.
It’s no surprise when I say I love diner en blanc. For years, this iconic and fashionable soirée has been something I’ve looked forward to all year. The idea of planning a sexy white head-to-toe outfit, dinning with some of my favourite people, and sharing in a magical night…. While this has in the past gathered hundreds of people, the fact remains that it will change. Not for better or for worse, but out of necessity and to allow us all to be safe while celebrating.
In lieu of these upcoming changes, the team at diner en blanc Toronto created experiences that we could all enjoy from home. The #SipAndSavour experiences including some of the best dinning experiences Toronto has to offer that fans and those of us excited for #DEBTO2020 could enjoy from the comfort of home – and they were a HUGE success.
- Oyster shucking classes with Rodney’s Oyster House and 9-time Canadian Champion, Eamon Clark
- How to curate the perfect cheese and wine for guests this summer with Franco Stalteri of Charlie’s Burgers Wine Program and Afrim Pristine of The Cheese Boutique
- Punch Party; learn how to create batched cocktails, and punches with with Alana Nogueda, owner of Shameful Tiki Room
- Backyard entertaining, table decor and how to set the mood for summer dining with Avissa Mojtahedi
- How to make the perfect pizza with Matt Blondin of Blondie’s Pizza
- Have your cocktail, and eat it too; turn your favourite libations into crowd pleasing works of art with Matt Conway from Pastiche Noshery
- Rasa Secrets Revealed with Executive Chef and Founder of Food Dudes, Adrian Niman
- Dinner with Executive Chef Rafael Covarrubias of Hexagon Restaurant and winner of the San Pellegrino Young Chef Competition”on (North America)
- Table Leader talks where we share stories from our community, including our charitable partners
Not only were we able to get a taste of delicious experience we were all desperately missing, but it also allowed the excitement for the upcoming event to begin with the perfect storm of content and online visibility. Here are just a a few of my personal favourites that I was able to add to.
I unfortunately missed the Cheese Boutique event and am kicking myself for not getting in on it fast enough. We all know that cheese and wine are some of the quickest ways to my heart! I guess that will just teach me and those of you who feel the same to act more quickly the next time an opportunity this good presents itself ?
Le Dîner en Blanc – Toronto is made possible by passionate hosts, volunteers, partners and collaborators. Sip & Savour, is pleased to have worked alongside The Food Dudes, Carte Blanche Bar, Charlie’s Burgers Wine Program, Canada’s 100 Best, Cointreau, Mount Gay Rum, Botanist Gin, St. Remy, The Mint Agency and The Pass.
Details surrounding Le Dîner en Blanc – Toronto’s upcoming signature summer event will be announced in the coming weeks. So stay tuned as I’m sure you’ll hear it here too!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands I’m working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. I’d love to have you join on the adventures.
Photos: Diner en Blanc Toronto, Daniel Reyes & All Social Media accounts listed above
Don’t forget to be kind & laugh a little more this year
*Please note that this may be a sponsored post and promotional consideration may have been offered by participating brands – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.