It’s no surprise that we love Barilla Canada and have enjoyed cooking with their quality products over the years time and time again (click here to see what I mean.) I know that I personally cook all the time and am quite familiar with pasta dish making. The true test of how easy Barilla Pronto is to use would come when I sent Julio to the special #ProntoNight event on our behalf to see if he was comfortable using the newest pasta to create a dish of his own. He loved how easy it was to create a beautiful Latin inspired pasta with chorizo, beans and olives all in just ten minutes. So much so that I find him wanting to create new #ProntoNight pasta creations all the time now! I liken it to getting the kids involved in the kitchen to learn and develop a love for cooking – no offense hunny.
“Barilla® Pronto™ is an innovative, new pasta that helps make mealtime more convenient. Prepared in just one pan, there’s no waiting for the water to boil or need to drain excess water. Now, home cooks can achieve the delicious taste and al dente texture they’ve come to expect from Barilla, while saving time on meal prep and clean-up. With four varieties, Barilla® Pronto™ will inspire home cooks to create delicious, versatile dishes in just minutes.”
- Barilla® Pronto™ Cut Macaroni
- Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
- Barilla® Pronto™ Rotini
- Barilla® Pronto™ Half-Cut Spaghetti
So, what did Julio make?
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
- water 1 ½ cups
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans
- 1 cup spicy chorizo
- 1/4 cup of pitted black olives
- Freshly grated Parmesan to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Fresh basil leaves to taste
- SAUTÉ sausage, beans and cumin in olive oil in a 12 inch skillet for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- POUR the whole box of pasta into the skillet. ADD water, ensuring pasta is covered.
- COOK on high, stirring regularly for approximately 8 minutes.
- ADD olives and fresh basil, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes until most of the water and sauce are absorbed.
- REMOVE from heat and stir well.
We had so much fun cooking with friends and colleagues thanks to Barilla and I can’t wait to invite friends over again soon to recreate the experience in our condo. Maybe Julio can cook us all dinner too!
For more delicious inspiration online and to learn about Barilla Pronto and other quality Barilla products we use on a regular basis, make sure to follow @BarillaCAN on Twitter and ‘Like’ their Facebook page. Use and follow the #ProntoNight hashtag to join in on the social media conversation and of course don’t forget to share your recipes – we can’t wait to see what you create at home!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures! AND yes. we’re on Snapchat too! – click here to follow us!
Photos: Barilla Canada, Julio Reyes & Daniel Reyes
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.