#ButFirstCoffee – am I right?! As the weather warms up and the spring is FINALLY settling in, I find myself getting busier by the minute. With trips around the world in the works, exciting events taking place with the team, and balancing my personal life.. chances are you can find me sipping on a cup of Nespresso when I’m home. But when I sat down and thought about it, in conjunction with my newly rejuvenated passion for cooking, I came to realize that they’re were so many ways I could incorporate my favourite Nespresso coffee flavours into delicious recipes to keep you smiling all day long. Come and take a look at what I’ve created just for YOU!
As a member of the “Coffee Connoisseur Club” in Canada (you’ll remember we announced the exciting partnership here) it’s my pleasure to tell you about the latest and greatest from Nespresso. This month I decided that it was about showcasing the variety of our favourite coffee brand by creating three unique recipes that you can enjoy throughout the day. Using our brand new Nespresso Prodigio, we came up with FOUR recipes to enjoy throughout the day. So what did I come up with?!
- 1 capsule of Vanilio
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Brew the vanilio (using the app from bed means I don't need to get up to do it if I set it up the night before). In a blender combine coffee, butter and coconut oil - blend together for 1 minute.
- You may think that butter is bad, but studies have shown that a butter coffee can help to stimulate healthy digestion and actually get your metabolism going first thing in the morning. Enjoy!
- 1 package of chicken thighs (skin on or off, your choice)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 3 capsules of Nespresso Livanto brewed and chilled
- 4 potatoes
- 1 package of baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Brew 3 capsules of Nespresso Livanto and chill. In a large ziploc bag, add chicken thighs, coffee, garlic and onion salt and marinate over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When ready to cook, in a large fry pan add 1 tablespoon of butter and brown chicken (skin down if you've chosen chicken thighs with skin) until golden brown. Place chicken thighs in baking dish and cook for 1 hour.
- While chicken is cooking, cube potatoes and add with carrots into a large frying pan that you used to brown the chicken. The pan should have a small amount of butter and coffee in it that will infuse into the vegetables as well. Sautee with 1 remaining butter and dijon mustard until vegetables are coated evenly. Place in oven with chicken, allowing the remaining hour to evenly cook the vegetables as well.
- Coffee allows for an earthy and sweet flavour to be infused into the chicken. The dijon mustard will cut through the sweetness of the vegetables and add yet another layer of delicious flavour. A delicious meal that will have your guests wowed and asking for seconds!
- 1 capsule of Nespresso Dulsão do Brasil, chilled
- 1 oz Coconut milk (or your favourite dairy / non-dairy milk)
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz Disaronno
- In a cocktail shaker, over ice, combine all ingredients. Shake well for 1 to 2 minutes and strain into martini glass. Garnish with cinnamon to taste.
- Delicious and the perfect drink to sip on in a hot bath or cuddling up with that special someone.
- Coffee grinds from your favourite Nespresso capsules (4-6 will work to make enough scrub to last you an entire week)
- Half a cup of raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite essential oil (I recommend orange or lavender)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until it has the consistency of wet sand.
- Coffee scrubs are all the rage right now to help constrict the skin on the face and can actually help with cellulite on the body. Remember to listen to your body, but you will need to scrub hard to ensure that the essential oils and coffee are working deep into the skin to maximize the benefits. This is a great way to enjoy your favourite Nespresso coffee a second time before washing it down the drain!
To see the full range of products available for the coffee lovers in your life, click here. To join in the social media conversation with Coffee Connoisseur Club Members across the country, make sure to follow @NespressoCA on Twitter & @Nespresso on Instagram. For more beautiful photos of the new Prodigio, make sure to follow and use the #Prodigio hashtag on social media.
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands and events we are working with, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We’d love to have you come along with us!
Photos: Nespresso, Daniel Reyes & Julio Reyes