I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this year is FLYING by! But that means that it is time to start getting excited for one of my absolute favourite events of the year. Yes, that’s right! Toronto will celebrate its sixth Le Dîner en Blanc on Thursday, August 17th, 2017 and we could not be more excited! From spectacular food, to planning the perfect white outfit, this year is set to be the biggest yet, and we are sharing all the reasons why.
For those of you who have never experienced a #dinerenblanc for yourself, essentially it is one of the most incredible foodie events of the year. The twist? You don’t know where the event will be until the day of the event. The excitement and build up gets everyone attending excited, and as they have progressed and grown over the years in Canada, big name brands have taken notice and have joined in on the big day across the country. Last year (click here to read more) there was spectacular Instagramable moments and places. So many familiar faces, moments to enjoy, and experiences you simply have to see for yourself.
Think of it like the chicest picnic you’ve ever attended. The premise is meant to encourage you to add to a once a year experience – guests dressed in white arrive to the top secret location with everything they need for the night. From folding chairs and tables, fine china and silverware, the sky is the limit since you set the standard for your experience alongside us all. Not to mention the style of the evening is always so incredibly impressive!
“Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase one is for members who attended the previous year; Phase two is for new members who are referred by Phase one attendees; and Phase three is for people who signed up on the waiting list. Register now at toronto.dinerenblanc.com/register.”
Here are a few important things to note before coming out to join us on the 17th in Toronto:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Toronto alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy wine and/or Champagne with dinner, must reserve bottles online through the Dîner en Blanc Toronto’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
I was just as excited about having @nordstromykd & @nordstromeaton at tonight’s @DinerEnBlancToronto as I am for their openings in Toronto later this year. I’m SO happy to be partnering with them for some amazing events coming up this year. Don’t forget to join us for the Opening Galas by purchasing your tickets at www.nordstromrsvp.com/Toronto ? #NordstromTO #DEBTO2016 #DinerEnBlanc
Visit toronto.dinerenblanc.com for more details & ticket information. And of course to join in all the excitement, make sure to follow @dinerenblanctoronto on Instagram, @DinerEnBlancTor on Twitter and ‘Like’ their Facebook page. Use and follow the #debto2017 and #dinerenblanc hashtags to share your favourite moments. Make sure to say hi when Catherine, Julio & I are there with you. We’d love to see what you wore and how you came prepared for one of the best events of the year!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures!
Don’t forget to sign up for the DoTheDaniel.com Newsletter
Photos: All social media accounts listed above, Diner en Blanc & Daniel Reyes
Mobile photos will be taken with my NEW Huawei P10 Plus
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.
Who wants to WIN a Huawei P10 Plus with Leica Dual Camera? Next Post:
The question is, what kind of #otherlete are YOU?