Have you ever woken up in the morning with the desire to just get on a plane to somewhere hot? To just get away from it all? That was me this morning. You’ll want to stay tuned this week as I share my top tropical destinations to escape the winter blues in partnership with Air Transat. But in the meantime, if you need a little break from the blistering cold, I am sharing a tropical inspired recipe that will have you smiling before the day is done.
Being that I recently shared the importance of balance, a little cake is just what you need to brighten up your gloomy day. Trust me. If you’re like me, sometimes you get stuck in a cooking rut. Switching things up with a fresh pineapple from your local President’s Choice grocer can add a much needed change of pace to your daily routine. And this recipe couldn’t be easier!
- Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Natrel Organic Salted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light soft brown sugar
- 7 pineapple rings - preferably cut from fresh pineapple
- Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Natrel Organic Salted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the topping, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Spread over the base and a quarter of the way up the sides of a 20cm round cake tin or Bundt Pan
- Arrange pineapple rings on top, evenly spaced
- Place the cake ingredients in a bowl
- Using an electric whisk, beat to a soft consistency.
- Carefully spoon into the tin on top of the pineapple and smooth it out so it’s level. The mixture seems slightly thick - here's a trick to help it stay moist: add 2-3 tsp of olive oil to the batter!
- Bake for 35 mins.
- Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate.
- This sweet treat will add a little bit of sunshine to your day and have your loved ones dreaming of a beach with you. Perfect for enjoying while planning your vacation with Air Transat!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures! AND yes. we’re on Snapchat too! – click here to follow us!
Don’t forget to sign up for the DoTheDaniel.com Newsletter
Photos: All social media accounts listed above & Daniel Reyes
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.
* Mobile photos taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
The easiest way to win 2018 NBA All-Star game tickets Next Post:
Life is busy. So now what?