I know that as a #DiscoverPC member in partnership with President’s Choice, I’ve been sharing a lot of delicious inspiration for you all. With a new year, and with Catherine’s guidance, I have been making a concerted effort to make smart choices when I do my weekly grocery shopping. Recently, using President’s Choice #PCOrganics products, I was able to create Catherine’s vegetarian chili and she finally agreed to let me share it with you all!
I’ve barricaded myself in the office today to play catch up on DoTheDaniel.com. Thankfully I brought some of @catherinescabinet’s incredible vegetarian chili that we made together recently to keep me company ? Coming soon to the blog, I’m sharing the recipe to help keep YOU warm this winter with just a few fresh ingredients from your local @preschoice grocer using #PCOrganics! ??? #DiscoverPC
Similar to the #PCInsidersCollection, #PCOrganics is always looking to add new items to the President’s Choice aisles to help Canadians eat better, one meal at a time. So without further ado, I present to you the best chili recipe you’ll ever try!
- 1 tbsp PC Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 PC Organics Onion, chopped
- 1 can PC Organics Bean Medley
- 1 pinch PC Organics Thyme
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 package PC Organics White Whole Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small PC Organics Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn
- 1 small organic red pepper, chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can PC Organics Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Jar of PC Organics Pasta Sauce - Primavera
- 1-2 tbsp chilli powder / cayenne, or to taste
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions.
- Sweat until almost clear and season with salt & pepper, sauté until cooked.
- Add beans, cumin and thyme.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add mushrooms, pepper, carrot, and corn.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add can of tomato paste and stir until mixed with veggies and beans.
- Add can of tomatoes, chili powder/cayenne and sea salt & pepper.
- Stir until mixed.
- Cook until bubbling, stir, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer on low for a minimum of 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Remember, the longer it cooks, the better it will taste!
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 6-7 servings. Stores in fridge for 1 week and in freezer for up to 2 months.
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Remove avocado flesh from skin, smash with a fork, keeping it somewhat lumpy. Add lemon, sea salt & pepper, mix and use!
To join in on the social media conversation with Canadians from coast-to-coast, make sure to follow @PresChoice on Twitter & Instagram and ‘Like’ their Facebook Page. We can’t wait to hear what you think of Catherine’s chili recipe!
Be sure to follow along with Catherine on her Instagram account &f or more information and helpful tips, make sure to stay up to date with all things Health & Nutrition on her website, Catherine’s Cabinet.
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands we are working with around the world, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We would love to have you join on our adventures! AND yes. we’re on Snapchat too! – click here to follow us!
Don’t forget to sign up for the DoTheDaniel.com Newsletter
Photos: All social media accounts listed above, President’s Choice & Daniel Reyes
*Please note that this is a sponsored post – our disclosure can be found at all times by clicking here.
* Mobile photos taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge