It’s official. The holiday bug has bitten and I am ready to start my shopping this year. Obviously being that we live in Toronto, CF Toronto Eaton Centre is a go-to for my gift needs not only during the holidays, but all year long. The most recent addition to the iconic shopping centre is what has me really excited! TELUS has opened up a beautiful new concept store and you might just be surprised at how much fun you’ll have while you visit. Come and read all about why if you need me in the coming weeks, chances are you can find me here.
“Turning the typical TELUS store on its head, these new Connected Experience concept stores are an evolution of our retail shopping journey, giving customers a chance to touch, test and play with the most exciting and sought-after connected devices on available today.”
So what makes this store different?
- 2,800sq feet (vs. the previous location’s 1,500sq feet) makes it a HUGE space that is designed with us in mind. Don’t like noisy big stores? Don’t worry. The sound proof engineering that went into the store’s design actually eliminate noise pollution. I had several one on one conversations in the busy store and didn’t feel like I was competing with loud noise or other customers.
- Four new areas of products have been created in the space including home, creative, toys and bags. And did I also mention that the fashionable additions to the store include Nest, JayBird, Sphero, Rebecca Minkoff and Native Union to name just a few
- More than 1,000 products vs. less than 200 products in a regular store to create a one-stop-shop where you can buy anything from toys for the kids to the latest smart phone with a TELUS expert ready to help if you need.
- Interactive sound bar experience for comparing the best in Bluetooth speakers – for those of you who are like me and need music in their lives, this is an amazing experience. I couldn’t stop playing with them!
- More than 100 live demo products to test and play with. PLAY being the key word – I felt like a kid in a candy store.
- At any time, you can book a complimentary TELUS Learning Centre session with the expertly trained Learning Centre Specialists and Health Tech Trainers who provide one on one counsel to help you learn how to use your new mobile devices and connected products.
Thanks to our friends at TELUS, we got some of the hottest new devices everyone needs this holiday season, available at their beautiful new stores. From the Nest Thermostat to help make your home smarter (literally), to Jaybird X2 headphones that are the perfect stocking stuffer for the active music lover in your life. If anyone is looking to get me something from the new store, I could always use the newest Samsung smartphone. I’ve had my eye on the incredible Samsung GALAXY Note Edge. Just saying…
Though I haven’t personally experienced the Edmonton Southgate Centre location in person yet, if it’s anything like our Toronto based store, it’s a MUST for our readers in Edmonton. From the spacious design to that hands on feeling that allow you to interact with the latest & greatest items… there’s something for everyone and just in time for the holidays!
I’m not kidding. There’s a fitness product for Canela that can help to keep her on track with me. Meet FitBark!
For more details on TELUS’ two new locations that have got us so excited, make sure to check out the TELUS blog today!
Oh… and did I mention that there’s an amazing contest to celebrate the two new stores?!
To join in on the social media conversation, make sure to follow @TELUS on Twitter and Instagram. Use the #ExploreTELUS hashtag to show us which store features or products you love most to not only join in on the social media conversation but to enter one of the best contests running until December 14th. Who wouldn’t love a TELUS prize before the holidays?!
For more behind the scenes of this and other amazing brands and events we are working with, make sure to follow along with the #DoTheDaniel Instagram account. We’d love to have you join us on our adventures around the world!
Photos: TELUS & Daniel Desforges